Thursday, October 21, 2010

Trattoria Centrale - Great Pizza! Great Service!



When I stepped inside the doors it felt as if I were not in downtown Birmingham anymore. I had somehow  walked into an eatery with an upper east side flair. First of all let me say that I LOATHE standing in line. But in this case I was standing in line facing a window full of the most delicious pizza that I would ever taste. The anticipation of a couple of slices of pizza kept me focused.
Atmosphere: Busy, bright, contemporary, chic booth & table seating. Not a very big restaurant but very nice in appearance. The enormous brass espresso maker is definitely a conversation piece. They also offer an impressive array of wines. There is optional outdoor seating.
Staff: Very friendly, knowledgeable & fast
What I had: Two very generous slices of pizza, one cheese & one veggie w/ a mixed green salad w/ a light vinaigrette dressing. Also had an Orangina beverage (this is a citrus drink made of lemon, mango & orange juices)
Price: My lunch was about $10.00
On a scale of 1- 10 I give Trattoria Centrale a 9.5
Their menu contains a wide variety of Italian dishes, coffee drinks and desserts.
This is a good place to take that "indecisive" person in the bunch. There is truly something for everyone! Follow them on Twitter
http://trattoriacentrale.com/index.html





No comments: