Monday, November 1, 2010

Jackson's Bistro....Brunch SOHO Style

Visited on October 24, 2010

At the suggestion of my fellow (and trusted) foodie, I thought it would be a beautiful day in South Homewood to try the infamous brunch menu at Jackson's. Much to my surprise, I found this place to be trendy, affordable yet upscale. The epitome of a SOHO bistro.
Atmosphere: Delightful, trendy, busy but well organized. Not too loud. They also have outdoor seating, a full bar and televisions.
Staff: Extremely knowledgeable & attentive. The waiter was able to help guide the ordering process and even made suggestions as to how to curb our spending.
What I/We had: I had the delicious thick cut, twice batter dipped french toast. Topped with thinly sliced apples, syrup and a glass of H2O. My dining companion selected the "omelette to order". This was a customized omelette made up of spinach, mushrooms & swiss cheese. This was accompanied by cinnamon toast & an individual sized pot of African nectar hot tea.
Price: The french toast 7.50 The omelette 8.50. Just over 20 dollars combined.
On a scale of 1-10 I give Jackson's Bistro a 9
We were EXTREMELY happy with our food!! You will not be sorry.
Visit their website at http://jacksonsbarandbistro.com/birmingham/
Be sure to tell the staff about this review!

                                                                




No comments: