Friday, December 10, 2010


November 30, 2010 (Lunch)

If you are looking for authentic Mediterranean fast food, this is definitely a good option. They serve a variety of sandwiches, wraps and an infamous gyro. Everyone that I asked about this place before I went (with lust in their eyes) reccommended the gyro.

Atmosphere: very quaint, quiet but busy in the kitchen,
Staff: Extremely friendly and helpful with first timers
What I had: The Chicken Kabob Plate - a healthy portion of tender, grilled chicken chunks on a skewer, over a bed of wild rice and sauteed veggies, accompanied by hummus dip, pita bread, a fresh garden salad w/ a house vinaigrette dressing. There is also a mixture of fresh fruit on the side.
Price: $8.95
On a scale of 1 to 10 I give Pita Loco a 7.5. This rating would have been higher but due to the time it took to get my order they received a 7.5. However, I highly recommend calling ahead. 
Pita Loco is located at 2000 2nd AVE North, Birmingham, AL 35203 (205) 252-4899


No comments: