Several days before the official April 4th opening, I had the opportunity to attend a soft opening at the newest location of Perry's Steakhouse on Highway 280. The newly renovated property was previously occupied by T.G.I. Friday's. The Birmingham location is actually the 13th location of Perry's. Perry's is a family owned and operated restaurant that began back in 1979 as a butcher shop back in Houston, Texas. The butcher shop expanded by adding dining tables and the rest is history. Perry's Steakhouse & Grille serves only the finest cuts of meat, Nebraska bred, butcher fresh USDA aged prime beef. While famous for their beef, they also serve a popular dish called the "7-finger high" pork chop. Hand selected, seasoned and exploding with smoky flavor, this "top chop" is sure to be a Birmingham favorite. Although they will mainly serve this dish during dinner, don't miss out on your chance to try this outstanding chop during lunch in a smaller cut each Friday for just $13.95 , served with mashed potatoes and homemade applesauce.
I was given the opportunity to taste the following items from their menu:
- Chateaubriand- features melt-in-your mouth, thick slices of beef filet topped with truffle merlot, bearnaise & roasted peppercorn sauces.This was paired with a tasting of Perry's Private Label Cabernet.
- Bone Marrow-tasty bone marrow, slow roasted after having been marinated in olive oil, thyme & garlic.A recommended addition to any steak dinner also paired with Perry's Cabernet.
- Fried Asparagus-lightly fried and topped w/ delicious jumbo lump crab meat and hollandaise sauce. This was paired with Perry's Private label Chardonnay.
- Tuna Tartare- comprised of fresh Ahi tuna. The mixologist prepared a Pineapple Ginger Mojito cocktail to accompany this dish. If you like sushi, you will LOVE this dish!
- Pork Chop Bites- smoked, cured and caramelized with herb garlic butter and skewered. Paired with the Oolong Whiskey Spice cocktail.
- The Nutty D'Angelo Dessert- A scoop of Haagen Dazs ice cream topped with white chocolate and blend of flambeed crushed nuts, brown sugar and brandy. Paired with the Historic Series Malmsey Special Reserve Madeira. I would definitely go back just for this dessert.
Each beautiful location has a different floor plan and architectural design. Perry's also offers private dining for various sized groups. They have 4 private dining areas complete with audio visual capabilities and an outstanding private dining menu designed just for your group. The seating capacity for the entire restaurant is approximately 350. They have an open kitchen concept, a popular feature for those of us that like to watch the action, directed by their talented head chef, Grant Hunter. This location also houses a wine tower that stocks about 2,000 bottles of wine including Perry's own private label wine. Their boutique winery is California based and produces high quality wines especially (and perfectly) blended for pairing with many of their signature dishes. Don't let things end with dinner. They have an impressive dessert selection including the delicious Nutty D' Angelo treat provided at the tasting.
Perry's Steakhouse & Grille has TONS of seating including patio and bar seating complete with a couple of outdoor fireplaces. Stop in for happy hour at Bar 79 from 4:00p.m.-6:30 p.m. for one of Perry's signature cocktails. Their mixologists experience up to 3 weeks of training in order to perfect all of the company's beverage preparations & presentations. I was proud to discover that they use LOCAL fresh cut, pressed fruits & produce as much as possible. The live music performance adds a nice touch of class to an already delightful experience.With the elements of a classic decor combined with high service standards and high quality foods, I'm sure Perry's will quickly become a go-to spot in Birmingham. I can't wait to hear about your experiences at Perry's Steakhouse and Grille.
For more information about hours & to make a reservation, please visit their website at http://www.perryssteakhouse.com
Also check out their mouth watering Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/PerrysDining
Thanks to all of the staff at Style Advertising and Perry's Steakhouse & Grille for the tour and tasting!
Thanks for reading!
~The Birmingham Restaurant Raider
"Anonymously Raiding a Restaurant Near You"
|Chateaubriand (medium rare)|
|7- Finger High Pork Chop|
|Fried Asparagus topped w/ jumbo lump crab meat|
|Pork Chop Bites|
|Mixologists at work|
|Pineapple Ginger Mojito cocktail|