Wednesday, September 6, 2017

REVIEW: Avondale Common House & Distillery





What goes with an amazing day & amazing weather? Amazing food & amazing atmosphere. On this particular day, I ventured out to a spot in Avondale that has been buzzing for quite sometime. I have to be honest, I have received mixed reviews about Avondale Common House & Distillery. Some good and some not so good. You know me.... I have a "see for yourself" attitude. My hungry lunch date and I ventured out to this new spot and we were both met with impressive "everything".

Avondale Common House is located on the same block with Avondale Brewery, one of my faves & one of Birmingham's most popular outdoor venues.


We were greeted promptly upon arrival by their friendly hostess and opted for a comfortable table on the patio.  Our server, Tyler, arrived shortly with 2 glasses of  ice cold "city punch" in hand. (That's water, H2o,.... You get the picture)

He was very knowledgeable of the menu and was able to recommend excellent choices for us pretty quickly.

My date decided upon the Southern Fried Boneless Chicken Breast entree' : A moist & tender GENEROUS sized chicken breast, accompanied by an order of their IPA braised collards, smoked mashed potatoes and "sawmill" gravy.  Folks, this was a darn good entree'. Even though it wasn't mine, I still managed to scarf down  a small portion. The greens are kinda hidden on this picture, but believe me they're there.


Yummmmm! 

I had a hankering for seafood so I opted for the Common House Shrimp & Grits: succulent, blackened shrimp, Andouille sausage, Cheesy cheese grits, peppers, onions and scallions. Amazing flavor. Amazing presentation.



Avondale Common House & Distillery also features an impressive variety of appetizers, sandwiches, salads & unique desserts not to mention great home made side dishes.

Their prices are not too bad either. Entree's range from $12-$20 dollars.

Overall, I was impressed with everything from "Greet to Eat"! Despite the mixed reviews, my experience was superb.
I plan to return very soon to try other dishes.

Thanks for reading & sharing,
~The Birmingham Restaurant Raider

"Anonymously Raiding A Restaurant Near You"
 #RaidBham

Avondale Common House & Distillery
4100 3rd Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35222

(205)703-9895
http://avondalecommonhouse.com/
https://www.facebook.com/avondalecommhouse/

No comments: