Friday, February 23, 2018

That Hot New Spot Called Metro Diner

If you're looking for a restaurant that has it all, Birmingham's Metro Diner is tailored for you. 
Known for their great breakfast and even more amazing lunch & dinner menus, Metro offer an outstanding variety of just about everything to suit every appetite. 

After hearing rave reviews and having many people recommend this place, I decided to see what all the fuss was about and decided to journey down to Metro Diner for lunch. 

I arrived during the peak of the lunch rush and was greeted & seated within seconds. My drink order was taken pretty quickly. It was a challenge to be starving and having to watch all of the other customers receive plates piled high with different menu items such as burgers, chicken & waffles and other mouth watering dishes. 

Atmosphere: Metro Diner has the ultimate "retro" diner feel. The decor is old school yet modern. There is booth & table seating. The restaurant is spacious enough to accommodate a moderate crowd.  

Staff: The server on my first visit was very attentive. The orders are taken table side with an electronic tablet style device. I studied the menu before arriving so the ordering process went like lightening.

What I/ We had: On my first visit I went solo. I had the Meatloaf Plate. If you order this, please warn your taste buds. The flavor is MIGHTY! You'll get 2 thick slices of their famous meatloaf, a warm baguette and a helping of deliciously seasoned grilled veggies & red skinned mashed potatoes that ARE better than your mom used to make. Thank goodness for the baguette bread, I needed something to wipe my plate!
 


On my second visit I went with a lunch mate. 
I wanted to try something different so I opted for the Chicken Salad-Salad, an extra large scoop of their home-made chicken salad made with grapes, celery, mayo & pecans on a bed of garden salad w/ a vinaigrette dressing. 


My companion had their home-style pot roast, a generous helping of beef roast & slow cooked vegetables with red skinned mashed potatoes and gravy & a baguette. 
 
Both dishes were extremely delicious, but extremely filling. 

Overall experience: Impressive. Metro Diner is a great place to dine. The atmosphere was good, the food was good and it's definitely a great place to go with a group with different appetites. I definitely plan to go back. The only issue that I had was that they were out of the salted caramel cheesecake on my first visit. I was, however, able to eat a slice on the 2nd trip. I scarfed it down before I could take photos. (Sorry) It's a popular seller and I recommend ordering it when you place your food order just so you don't miss out. 

For more information on Metro Diner visit https://metrodiner.com/
https://www.facebook.com/metrodiner
Twitter @metrodiner
Instagram @metrodiner 


180 Inverness Plaza
Birmingham, AL 35242




Thanks for reading & sharing this post! 
~The Birmingham Restaurant Raider
"Anonymously Raiding A Restaurant Near You"
 #RaidBham






No comments: