This story is VERY near & dear to my heart.
From childhood to adulthood, I ate at the Costa's Barbecue near Finley Boulevard in Birmingham. From blocks away, you could smell & see the smoke billowing from the chimney. Not only was it a place to get good food, it was a place where I had memorable moments with family, colleagues and developed many new friendships. The food & service were great! The ribs, the chicken, the veggies, the pies..... Ahhhh, the memories.
Unfortunately they closed a few years back.
Fast forward to 2018, this property is now available & waiting on a new occupant!
I recently did a phone interview with the current owner, Curt Ruttle, who is very familiar with the history of the Costa's brand and is passionate about making sure the building is occupied by someone with a potentially successful, but unique concept.
Here are the details:
- Although Costa's began it's operations from this site in 1983, the building is still in GREAT shape.
- Seating Capacity - approximately 85
- It has drive through window capabilities
- It has an alarm system
- Several pieces of equipment will come with the building
- There is approximately 4,100 square feet on the main level
- The upper level is approximately 800 square feet inclusive of office space and dry storage
- High visibility location with nearly 30,000 vehicles traveling the area daily
- One block away from the historic Alabama Farmer's Market
- The address is 2201 4th Place West Birmingham, AL 35204
- Surrounded by tons of established businesses
- Only minutes from Downtown, UAB & Birmingham-Southern College
- Fast access to I-20 & I-65
If you would like to set up an appointment for a showing, please contact, Curt Ruttle via email email@example.com. Serious business inquiries only.
Share this story with an aspiring chef!
Thanks for reading!
~The Birmingham Restaurant Raider
"Anonymously Raiding A Restaurant Near You"