Monday, April 9, 2018

The 2018 Mudbugs & Music Event



It's that time again! The 2018 Mudbugs & Music event benefiting the Arthritis Foundation is happening on May 5, 2018 at the popular Cahaba Brewing Company. This event will feature all-you-can eat crawfish with tickets starting at only $10.00!


This annual pet friendly event welcomes craw fish lovers from far & wide. 


 
Come join us as we raise money for the Arthritis Foundation and enjoy live music from The Dozens Band  and Stephen McCullough.

Along with craw fish from Shindigs, there will be tons of kids activities as well as a silent auction & more! 


I get excited about local fundraising activities. I'm even more excited about this event because the 2018 honoree for this years event is someone that I have personally known since before she was born. Ella Grace Young, is a very talented young lady who  lives with JIA (juvenile idiopathic arthritis). 

After learning about this honor, we had a conversation about the event and what it means to her. 

Ella Grace
"Being the honoree of this event definitely makes me feel a part of a community. A lot of my friends think that only older people get arthritis, but being a teenager with JIA (juvenile idiopathic arthritis), I feel a part of a community of kids my age that are all dealing with the same thing. Camp Mash is a summer camp for kids with arthritis just like me. In fact, I met my best friend at camp and she doesn’t even live in Alabama! Knowing that so many other people my age are dealing with arthritis is comforting.  It also makes me so thankful to God that I can participate in events like this and those in the future."

PRESENTING SPONSOR

"I hope that the organization of Mudbugs and Music and all future events like it will open up an environment for other kids to feel the upsides of dealing with arthritis. I know how weird this will sound but besides dealing with the pain, I am kind of thankful for having JIA!  With the way the Arthritis Foundation has supported me and so many other kids, I am actually happy that I’m able to be apart of things like this."
 

When asked if she plans to eat any of the craw fish, she responded,  "The irony is that I’ve never actually had craw fish before but I do plan on trying some at Mudbugs and Music!"

SAVE THE DATE:
MUDBUGS & MUSIC 
MAY 5,2018
1:00-6:00 p.m.
Cahaba Brewing Co
4500 5th Ave South
Birmingham, AL 35222

Click here to purchase MudBugs & Music Tickets 
If you can't make it to the event, click here to DONATE 

Thanks for reading & sharing! 
The Birmingham Restaurant Raider
"Anonymously Raiding A Restaurant Near You" 
#RaidBham 

No comments: