Friday, January 25, 2019

Review: Saltgrass Steak House 280




Anyone who knows me knows that I love a good steak, but an even greater steak is better. Highway 280 in Birmingham has some of the best steak restaurants in the area. I feel it's my duty to try them all because of course, the people want to know all about them. 
I ventured over to the new Saltgrass Steak House in Birmingham. I typically don't do steak for lunch, but I had a craving after several of my twitter followers recommended this spot. 



Atmosphere: Saltgrass has the feel of an "out west" steak house. They have definitely erased every reminder of The Tilted Kilt, which previously occupied this location. There is Texas themed decor throughout the building. They have lots of booth seating and a cool bar set up. It's a spacious restaurant and definitely a great place for date nights or family dinners. 


Staff: The staff was friendly. My server Joel was eager to provide great service and was very knowledgeable about the Saltgrass menu options. Everyone I came in contact with was great. No complaints.


What I had: To start off, each table is delivered a warm, delicious loaf of their famous beer bread. It was really good, so I only ate half in order not to fill up. I followed up with a traditional garden salad with balsamic dressing.  For the main course, I had the Gulf Coast Steak & Shrimp with a side of sauteed Brussels sprouts . I opted for the 6 oz steak (medium) with grilled shrimp.  This is the kind of steak where sauce is not needed. The flavor was very good. They don't skimp on the shrimp! The Brussels sprouts were A-MA-ZING! ( I don't know why I rejected these as a kid). 
I also decided to have huge a slice of their amazing cheesecake to go. 
(sorry, no pics) 
 
*click photos for larger (mouth watering) view


Overall Experience: Overall, I feel that Saltgrass is a great addition to the Birmingham area and I am hopeful that they will definitely attract steak lovers from all across the region. I saw several other things on the menu that I'm anxious to try so a return visit is definitely on the books. The staff was super! 

For more information on Saltgrass Steak House Birmingham, visit their website at https://www.saltgrass.com/

Saltgrass Steak House - Birmingham
14 Perimeter Park S.
(205) 967-1181


Be sure to sign up for their emails for updates and deals. 

*Ask your server about AAA and AARP discounts.


Thanks so much for reading & sharing! 

The Birmingham Restaurant Raider
Est. 2009
http://birminghamrestaurantraider.blogspot.com/


Celebrating 10 years as a trailblazing Dining Experience Examiner


1 comment:

Vip Tables London said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.