Wednesday, October 14, 2020

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

 

I get a lot of inquiries about my favorite places to eat. It's hard to pick a favorite because there are SO many awesome places here in the Birmingham metro area. However one of my favorite menu items is the Old Berlin Beer Cheese Soup at Customs Cafe. Served with their house made cheese wafers, it makes for great comfort food. Another option I like is to pair it with jumbo soft pretzels for a game day treat. This has often been compared to the beer cheese soup at Birmingham's infamous Baby Doe's Matchless Mine Restaurant. Customs Cafe's soups can be purchased via dine in, carry out and delivery. They can also be found at area Piggly Wiggly stores. Follow their Instagram page  and watch for details on how to win a large container of their beer cheese soup this week in the upcoming "Free Food Friday" giveaway.

 https://www.instagram.com/customscafe/

Old Berlin Beer Cheese Soup




Next Up...... 

Anytime I've ever eaten a quail dish, I'm usually hungry immediately afterwards unless I order an appetizer prior to the main course. I recently ordered an incredible entree featuring bacon wrapped quail over savory cheese grits, sprinkled with fresh greens. Just to be on the safe side, I ordered an appetizer of their Redneck Rockefeller oysters. These oysters on a 1/2 shell are baked & topped with collards under a bed of a creamy warm cheese blend. It was VERY filling. 
 For details or to make a reservation at SoHo Standard, visit https://standard.sohosocial.bar/

Redneck Rockefeller Oysters

Bacon Wrapped Quail Over Grits 




Thanks for reading & sharing! 
~The Birmingham Restaurant Raider











No comments: