Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Fired Up about Brixx Wood Fired Pizza


Ooooooooh the smell!!! That's the first thing that caught my attention as I entered the parking lot with totally different lunch intentions. I decided to follow my nose into  Brixx Wood Fired pizza.
Brixx cooks their pizzas in a brick oven to give them a delicious wood fired taste. I'd been hearing lot's of things about them so I decided to try them for myself.

Atmosphere: Brixx has a casual environment.  The surroundings are very stylish & modern. They play a great mix of music. They offer booth, bar, counter & outdoor seating. Any seat is a good seat as long as there's a warm pizza staring you in the face. They are large enough to accommodate a large crowd.

The meal: I've dined at Brixx twice during the last couple of weeks. The first time I had the brixx stixx appetizer: an order of bread sticks, dusted with garlic & parmesan  with a side of house made honey mustard and house made pizza sauce for dipping. It was #MeatlessMonday so I decided to have the wood-roasted veggie pizza- a pizza brushed with traditional brixx pizza sauce, topped with mushrooms, broccoli, onions, peppers and fresh oregano. Several days later, I had the sweet Thai chicken pizza: roasted chicken tossed in a sweet chili sauce & goat cheese (my fave) & mozzarella, roasted red peppers & pistachios & Thai satay dressing. Way too many flavors, right? I know, but they blended very well. I also got to sample their signature, fresh squeezed lemonade. The lemonade is everything.

The service: No complaints at all about the service. The staff was friendly from the time I walked into the door, until the time I left. Everyone was very accommodating.

The Prices: Soup & starters range from $3.95 to $7.95. They have a wide range of salads from $6.50 to $9.50. Their wood fired pizzas range from $8.95 to $10.95. They do offer gluten free & vegetarian cheese options. Ask your server for details about late night pizza deals & drink specials.

Overall Experience: I enjoyed the total experience. I loved the service I received. I plan to try the shrimp carbonara pasta dish next time.

For more information about Brixx wood fired pizza or to place an order, visit their website at
http://brixxpizza.com
Follow them on twitter @BrixxPizza

Thanks for reading,
~The Birmingham Restaurant Raider

Brixx stixx

wood-roasted veggie pizza         


sweet Thai chicken


No comments: