Friday, October 13, 2017

NEW EATERY: Ooka Chinese & Japanese Restaurant



If you have not figured it out by now, I LOVE trying new places.
The recent opening of Ooka Chinese & Japanese Restaurant on Valleydale was a pleasant addition to the area. As their website states, Ooka offers a wide array of authentic Japanese and Chinese Food, such as Hibachi Chicken, Shrimp Tempura, Szechuan Beef, Chicken Udon, Seafood Delight.

Are they any good? My inquiring taste buds wanted to know.

Atmosphere: I loved the atmosphere inside of the restaurant. The decor was derived from a contemporary concept. It has an uptown feel perfect for a date nite or intimate conversation with a few close friends. There is table & booth seating. The only thing I wasn't fond of was the dim lighting. I personally prefer a brighter atmosphere during lunch. The lighting would be perfect for the dinner crowd.


The Meal: For lunch, I started out with the traditional Miso soup. Then I selected one of the items from the Hibachi menu. The Chicken Hibachi lunch featured a mound of warm chicken & vegetables including mushrooms, broccoli, onions & zucchini along with a healthy portion of their fried rice. This dish also comes with a serving of two sauces for dipping. One, a ginger dressing and the other a creamy house-made sauce, with flavors especially blended for chicken.


The Service: Awesome staff. I was greeted with a welcoming smile and my server was MORE than accommodating. As long as my water glass is never empty, I'm happy.

Overall Experience: I definitely plan to return to Ooka. If their food & service remain consistent, I'd definitely say that this place is here to stay.
I'd love to try their sushi & a few selections from the Asian Fusion menu on my next visit.
They also offer take-out. 

*Ask your server for a punch card. You get a free meal after your 9th lunch!

Thanks for reading & sharing,
~The Birmingham Restaurant Raider
"Anonymously Raiding A Restaurant Near You"
 #RaidBham

Ooka
2005 Valleydale Rd Suite #6
Birmingham, AL 35244
(205) 518-5590 

If you received this write up via email, click here to view the colorful site! http://birminghamrestaurantraider.blogspot.com/

No comments: