Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Ragtime Cafe - A Seriously Good Meal!

I cannot wait to go back to the Ragtime Cafe'. This restaurant was a suggestion from a friend. Greatest suggestion EVER!!
I ventured out to dinner on 11/4/2010 to the Cafe with a really good friend who respects my adventure for "off the beaten path" dining experiences. Ragtime's logo is a photo of a shrimp so I was led to expect a menu over loaded with seafood & Cajun choices. Much to my surprise, it was quite the opposite.
Atmosphere: This is not a date restaurant. If you are expecting to have a conversation you can actually hear, this is not the place. This has more of a sports bar atmosphere. Very modern and trendy.
Staff: The staff was very nice, accommodating, but a little slow(in the kitchen).
What I/ We had: An appetizer of "above average" loaded potato skins, I had the quiche of the day, a delicious blend of chicken, broccoli & onions baked into a flaky, deep dish pie crust. This was also accompanied with a bow-tie pasta salad over lettuce & a fruit salad containing large, fresh cut pieces of apples, pineapple, honey dew, cantaloupe & an orange wedge. This was a lot of food.
My unadventurous dining companion had a medium well cheeseburger & fries.
Price: quiche dinner $7.60 bacon cheddar burger $7.40 potato skins $6.30
With the deduction of a gift certificate, our complete total was $2.22.
On a scale of 1-10 I give the Ragtime Cafe' a rating of 8. This would have been higher had the food delivery been a little faster.
Overall, I was extremely pleased by the amount of food I got for the price. I cannot wait to go back. If you would like more info, please visit their website at http://ragtimecafe.com/
Be sure to tell them about this review!!
*Leave your comments below




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quiche looks delicious! I have got to try this place!

Anonymous said...

The Tenderloin Sandwich is a winner too!