Thursday, September 24, 2015

Juice Bar- "Love At First Sip"






So the other day after I'd scarfed down a pizza (a small pizza) at a nearby pizza joint and picked up a cupcake from a local bakery, I was walking to my car and discovered a brand spanking new place. I've received a few inquiries about juice bar's in Birmingham but at that time there were very few that I could recommend. Now I can tell you that there is a great new option called Juice Bar in the Chase Lake area. If you are a weight watcher or just looking for healthier options at lunch or any time of the day, I'm here to tell you this would be a great idea. I decided to return to Juice Bar the following day for a "different" kind of lunch.


Atmosphere: Juice Bar has a great atmosphere. They have bar and table seating with great looking decor. The green accent color can be found just about everywhere within the restaurant's decor. There is also signage throughout the restaurant that explains the benefits of juicing. Several other displays inside the restaurant showcase the other products they have for sale such as T-shirts, local honey from the Fox Hound Bee Company, mason jars and tote bags. The inside is bright and inviting. Definitely will make you want to step in and check the place out.

The Meal: I had the house made spring rolls: generous sized spring rolls made of Romaine lettuce, spinach, shredded carrots, cucumbers, cilantro, mint and avocado all rolled up into deliciousness. The spring rolls are served with a side of house made peanut sauce for dipping. I also had the "sweet greens" juice drink: a blend of apple, cucumber, spinach, kale, parsley & lemon. This drink made me a fan of the Juice Bar! I was also given a sample of the kale & quinoa salad: salad with kale, spinach, organic quinoa and fresh-juiced lemon dressing. My "guilt free" lunch was quite filling.

The Staff: The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable about the products and explained the ingredients and benefits very well. They also explained the concept and history of the development Juice Bar. I was treated very well. Everyone was friendly and provided service with a smile.

The prices: The sweet greens juice drink was $5.50 and the spring rolls were $5.95. They have a variety of other raw food & drink options including fruit cups and parfaits and more!!

Room For Improvement: I saw no real issues at this time. However, I do think that with Juice Bar being surrounded by so many other options that typically draw huge crowds, there may be a little bit of a challenge being the "new guy" AND being a juice bar, which many people aren't familiar with.
If permissible, the staff should consider coming outside during the lunch rush giving out samples to people walking by who may have never considered going to a juice bar. Competitive? Sure, but there is nothing wrong with offering alternatives with benefits.

Overall experience: I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and all of the items that I had. I can't wait to return to try other items from their menu. I love the location of Juice Bar at Chace Lake and wish them a success. Hopefully this public account of my visit will promote a surge in visitors looking for alternatives.

For more information on Juice Bar at Chace Lake, visit http://www.ilovejuicebar.com/chacelake/
Follow them on Twitter at @JuiceBarBham 
Follow them on Instagram at https://instagram.com/ilovejuicebar/
Or download the I Love Juice Bar app  for Iphone or Android 

Thanks for reading!

The Birmingham Restaurant Raider
"Anonymously Raiding a Restaurant Near You"












Kale & quinoa salad

Spring Rolls w/ a cup of "Sweet Greens" juice

No comments: