Friday, December 17, 2021

Creekside BBQ The New Kid On The Block

 




Hey Birmingham! 

Barbecue is one of my all-time favorites. A favorite to prepare and a favorite to eat. I'd been hearing some buzz from a couple of followers about the new Creekside Barbecue, a recently opened spot on the southern end of Birmingham near Oak Mountain State Park. 

I took a short drive to check them out for lunch. 


Atmosphere: Creekside has done what I've never ever witnessed, they repurposed a property that was previously occupied by Waffle House. When I heard this, I wondered.... now how will they pull this off? Well, from the looks of things inside, they nailed this renovation. The interior is more spacious than I'd imagined. Much roomier than any Waffle House I've ever been in. It's a fast casual, trendy spot. Simple and inviting with a partially open kitchen. They also have a modest sized bar with liquor & local craft beer on tap including their own Creekside brew. They even have outdoor seating. 

Service: The service was exceptionally friendly. Every employee that I encountered was upbeat, welcoming & accommodating. 



What I had: The Spare Rib plate with a side of collards and a side of creamy Coleslaw. Their ribs had an amazing smoky flavor. They were moist and cut into about 5 bones. The collards had a homestyle, slow cooked flavor to them. They provided bottles of Creekside White Sauce & regular Creekside Sauce on the tables for your convenience. 



Overall Experience: Anytime I am able to get in and out during an afternoon lunch rush, I'm happy. The crew at Creekside Barbecue lived up to my expectations. Everything from parking to the meal was great! This spot will definitely become one of my go-to restaurants in this area. 

For more information about Creekside Barbecue & it's offerings, visit 

https://www.creekside-bbq.com/ 


Thanks for reading & sharing! 

The Birmingham Restaurant Raider

Est.2009

"Anonymously Raiding A Restaurant Near You"


No comments: